<$BlogRSDUrl$>

3.11.2002

Really Long Form

Well, I am just getting up! I slept through work today because, last night, I had one of the greatest improv experiences of my life.

We had our gig at the Liquor store, which began at 8:30. A little late, but there was a misprint in the local paper. Anyhow, we had about nineteen audience members there, which was all the store could fit. Actually, one person had to watch us by peering through bottles of chardonnay on a shelf.

Anyhow, as Tiffany, Max and I started the show, we could already feel the magic was in the air. I looked at the two of them and said "Marathon." They nodded.

We proceeded to launch into a fifteen hour show. Max put padlocks on the door to make sure nobody got out.

We started by doing a 45 minute variation on the Alphabet Game that we call "Random Alphabet." Basically, it is like the regular alphabet game (you know - the one where each sentence needs to start with the next letter of the alphabet?). However, we can use the letters in any order we want. In this long version, we need to use each letter 60 times. We give the audience a special score card so that they can follow along with each letter. Of course, we save the X's and Q's for the end so that the audience can laugh as we struggle to find different words. It was super funny last night.

We followed this up with a variation we do on Party Quirks called "Multiple Personality Quirks." Each of the two people playing guests at the party thinks they are twelve different celebrities, famous people, or whatever. They can change personalities any time they like, so the host has to try and keep all of the clues in his or her head. It takes an awful lot of concentration, or they never get it. This one took us about three hours.

I could go on and on about each of the games, but I had better figure out how I can fake a car accident so Kip, my boss at Kinko's, doesn't come down on me for missing work.

See ya!




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?